Answered

Connection to Oracle Database

FSulaiman 7 years ago in Studio / Sources updated by anonymous 7 years ago 19

I want to connect to New Datasource Database in Oracle.

The info as below

IP address : 192.168.50.30

Operating platform : Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Database/OraClient installed : Oracle 11g R2 Client 64bit

user: orcluser

password: orclpassword

SID: orcl

port: 1521

How to setup the oracle connection?

Answer

Answer

Hi,

The databases are limited to the databases that the that you have logged in with has access to, using the following command

SELECT DISTINCT(OWNER) AS DATABASE_NAME FROM DBA_SEGMENTS WHERE OWNER IN (SELECT USERNAME FROM DBA_USERS WHERE DEFAULT_TABLESPACE NOT IN ('SYSTEM','SYSAUX'))

Thanks

Yes, I have read. I'm successfully connect to MSSQL database, but get an error in Oracle Database.

+1

Put the port in the server address: 192.168.50.30:1521.

Still not connected.

I'm also try 10.222.50.181:1521/orcl also not connected.

FYI, the database connected with the info above when using Oracle Sql Developer.

+1

Hi,

Please use the server as "10.222.50.181:1521/orcl"

Where orcl is the SID.

Thanks

Hi Genie, Thank you for reply. Still not connect into oracle database. I have try using Oracle SQL Developer, the connection status is Success.

Hi,

If you navigate in your windows explorer to %PROGRAMDATA%\Warewolf\Server Log\

there is a wareWolf-Server.log file in that folder. Can you please send us that file?

Thanks

Could you please give me your email address? Or should I paste the server-log content here?

Hi,

You can attach the file in your comment.

Thanks

Answered

Hi,

Thanks for the log file. The error is : ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

based on some googling this error occurs if the user does not have any tables associated with it or does not have access to get a list of tables. Please see and ensure that the user you are connecting with is correctly set up (http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/47074/getting-ora-00942-table-or-view-does-not-exist-while-table-does-exist)

I will log an item into our backlog to have the Error message to show the underlying message. That would have made this issue far easier to resolve.

Thanks for your patience and help in resolving this issue.

Hi,

The user information I enter in Warewolf is correct and I have try connect the database using Oracle Sql Developer and it's successfully connected.

Thanks

Hi,

What tables are shown in Sql Developer after you connect?

Thanks

I have created new table as below. But still not connect.

It's connected now. I have create new user and give all privilege and successfully connected. Thank you so much and it's appreciated.

Hi,

Please ensure that privileges to that table and user is setup correctly. Please try the following article to diagnose the problem: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16129912/sql-error-ora-00942-table-or-view-does-not-exist

As shown in above connecting does not necessarily mean that you can query for tables or databases.

Please execute the following command in Sql Developer when connected as the SPBO user:

SELECT DISTINCT(OWNER) AS DATABASE_NAME FROM DBA_SEGMENTS WHERE OWNER IN (SELECT USERNAME FROM DBA_USERS WHERE DEFAULT_TABLESPACE NOT IN ('SYSTEM','SYSAUX'));

Thanks

Hi. Why are the database choices are limited to:

1. HR
2. SCOTT
3. OE
5. PM
6. SH
7. IX

Should it be include 'SPBO2' as if in normal oracle query it will be SELECT * FROM SPBO2.TABLENAME

Thank you

Support for Oracle can be found on the Oracle website. If this issue relates to Warewolf, please create a new ticket with steps to reproduce.

Answer

Hi,

The databases are limited to the databases that the that you have logged in with has access to, using the following command

SELECT DISTINCT(OWNER) AS DATABASE_NAME FROM DBA_SEGMENTS WHERE OWNER IN (SELECT USERNAME FROM DBA_USERS WHERE DEFAULT_TABLESPACE NOT IN ('SYSTEM','SYSAUX'))

Thanks