COMPLETADO

Text Delimiter Support for Reading CSV

GianPiero hace 10 años en Studio / Toolbox actualizado por Gandalf hace 10 años 0

Hi guys, would it be possible to introduce text delimeted support for reading CSVs?

For example, let's say I have the following CSV:

'Big,Branch','1','false' 

'Small Branch','2','true'

'Smallest Branch','1','false'

The CSV is comma separated and text delimited. When I split it however using WareWolf, the Big and Branch in the first line are being split because there is a comma between the 2 words.  If I could specify a text delimiter then this wouldn't be a problem.

This is a common occurrence for us, as Excel tends to use Text Delimiters when saving Excel files to CSV. Could this be added for us?

Respuesta

Respuesta
COMPLETADO

This is a great usage scenario.

You can achieve this quite simply:

As each header/field etc from the file has its own row to describe how it is split and the characters to split on can be verbose you can do this 

and then repeat the pattern as you see fit.

Also, the large view for the tool (which should be out soon!) has the ability to specify an escape character if you need it.

Respuesta
COMPLETADO

This is a great usage scenario.

You can achieve this quite simply:

As each header/field etc from the file has its own row to describe how it is split and the characters to split on can be verbose you can do this 

and then repeat the pattern as you see fit.

Also, the large view for the tool (which should be out soon!) has the ability to specify an escape character if you need it.