+1

Warewolf Server

Michael 6 years ago in Server updated by Grommit 5 years ago 11

Hello Warewolf-Team, we would like to choose warewolf B Software at our company. I have registered for the 30-Day Trial Edition. Now I have some quesition about the Server which runs on Windows Server 2008. Is there only one install file for server and client? If this is possible with the trial version, how do I doing this? The client closed instantly after I opened it. Thanks for helping me! Best regards, Michael Forster

installer
Under review

Good day Michael

Thank you for choosing Warewolf as your SOA solution.

There is one installation file for both Warewolf Studio and Server. Which version of Windows Server 2008 are you using? Warewolf is compatible with 64bit Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 or higher. For more information please refer to the minimum required specifications for Warewolf at https://warewolf.io/knowledge-base/articles/system-requirements/

Could you please provide us with the log file for both the Warewolf Studio and Server for us to diagnose the problem you have encountered?

The log files can be found in :

Warewolf Studio:  "%AppData%\Local\Warewolf\Studio Logs" file called "Warewolf Studio.log"

Warewolf Server:  "%ProgramData%\Warewolf\Server Log" file called  "wareWolf-Server.log"

Hi Michael

Was Warewolf installation successful?

If Warewolf is successfully installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 the Warewolf studio will open directly after the installation has completed.

Hi Elmo,

the Warewolf server is up and running. But after the studio finished loading the local resources, the studio closed down immediately.

I tried reinstalling it, but it doesn't change anything.

Maybe the studio is not running on a Windows Server 2008 Datacenter license?

Thanks! :)

If installed with Administration rights, Warewolf will run on Windows Server 2008 Datacenter without any problems. If the resources load in the studio explorer before the crash. it indicates that the studio is successfully communicating with the Warewolf server, because the resource catalog is provided by the Warewolf server instance.

The Warewolf server instance is a windows service that by default runs using the Local System Account(SYSTEM). Warewolf studio can be run by any user account on the machine if they have the correct rights to the execute the studio.

However if the Warewolf server is not run as a Local System Account, it would prevent other user accounts from connecting to the Warewolf server within their user session due to permission constraints. 

Providing us with the log files for the studio and the server would assist us in correctly diagnosing the problem you are encountering.

Warewolf Studio:  "%AppData%\..\Local\Warewolf\Studio Logs" file called "Warewolf Studio.log"

Warewolf Server:  "%ProgramData%\Warewolf\Server Log" file called  "wareWolf-Server.log"

Hello, Elmo

The Warewolf Server runs as a local system account.

Studio Log says I'm not authorized. My user is also in the Warewolf Administrators Group, but nothing changes.

Warewolf Studio.log

Thank you for the feedback.

The user account you are using does not have to correct privileges to access the Warewolf web service.

To solve the problem:

1. Ensure that the studio is not open in any other user session.

2. In the user account session that has the problem, run the installer and select "repair".

Thanks for the solution. But that doesn't change anything.

I will try to install warewolf on a newer version of Windows Server and see what happened.

Under review

Hi Michael
I am following up on your issue. Did you have any luck with a new version of Windows Server?

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Hi Grommit,

I currently have no access to a newer version of Windows Server. Maybe in a week or two.

It would be nice if warewolf would run on the Windows Server 2008. So if you have any suggestions for troubleshooting, feel free to let me know. 

Does the warewolf studio require an active internet connection?

Hi Michael
It would be really  helpful to us if you left a review on G2 Crowd of your experience with Warewolf.
Please can you take a minute to review here:
https://www.g2crowd.com/products/warewolf/reviews

Thanks so much!