À l'étude

Authorization Error

Tomas B il y a 5 ans mis à jour par Elmo il y a 5 ans 11

We have three instances now. Two on developer server, one free compiled and one 30day DEVELOPER edition, developers install it, they try the compilation version there and so on. And one instance on my playground server where I tried to check it from infrastructure perspective, this is also 30day DEVELOPER edition.

On the developer server (two instances, call it server one) installed by one colleague, he has NO problem to connect to both instances with Warewolf studio there. And I have NO problem to connect to one instance which I installed on my server (call it server two). But I cannot connect with my account to warewolf on the server one, and another user has problem to connect to my instance on server two.

The problem is with authorization, but for example I am local admin, I am member of Warewolf Administrators group (and vice versa on second server) but in Warewolf Studio.log there is still error (full log is attached):

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client.HttpClientException: StatusCode: 401, ReasonPhrase: 'Unauthorized', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:

I have no idea what authorization I am missing and what more I have to set.

Thanks for your help

Tom

À l'étude

Good day Tomas

Could you provide us with the OS details of your two Warewolf installations?

Kind Regards

Elmo

Hi Elmo,

all instances are Windows Sevrer 2016 Standard.

One news. If I set correctly proxy server, I can run Warewolf Studio with all user accounts. But I am not sure, if security department will allow outside connection in production environment.

Without proxy, only account which was used for installation, can succesfully run Warewolf studio. It also means we can connect to the compiled version only with the proxy.

And the 'Unauthorized' error is not in log for account used for installation any time, for other users all time is there.

Regards

Tom

Hi Tomas

Thank you for your feedback. It appears to be related to Windows security. 

Please try the following:

1. Ensure that the studio is not open in any other user session.

2. In the user account session that has the problem, run the installer as Administrator and select "repair".

Could you also provide us with all the Warewolf Studio and Server logs:

Warewolf Studio:  "%AppData%\..\Local\Warewolf\Studio Logs" file called "Warewolf Studio.log"

Warewolf Server:  "%ProgramData%\Warewolf\Server Log" file called  "wareWolf-Server.log"

Kind regards

Elmans

Hi Elmo,

1. I tried it along, no other studio runs there
  2. I have compiled version from our developer, it is copy-paste instalation, not downloaded wizard version. On two servers, there is also installed version, but I am talking primary about the compiled (the behaviour is similar). I can run the wizard, if it help you to detect the problem, should I?

In the attaged file, you have a few logs, all time I run only compiled server and studio:

• OnlyCompiled_withProxy.7z - server with only compiled version (no wizard instalation, just copy-paste instalation) with correctly set proxy server - studio starts ok
  • OnlyCompiled_withoutProxy.7z - -"- without proxy server settings - studio does not start
  • BothA_withProxy.7z - server with installed and compiled version with proxy settings, studion run under user who did NOT install the installed version - studio starts ok
  • BothA_withoutProxy.7z - -"- without proxy settings, -"- - studio does not start
  • BothB_withProxy.7z - server with installed and compiled version with proxy settings, studion run under user who install the installed version - studio starts ok
  • BothB_withoutProxy.7z - -"- without proxy settings, -"- - studio start just with one error

Regards

Tom

ww.7z

Hi Tomas

Thank you for the information submitted. 

Yes please, we would you run the wizard in the following manner:
1. Ensure that the studio is not open in any other user session.

2. In the user account session that has the problem, run the installer as Administrator and select "repair".

Kind regards

Elmo

Hi Elmo,

If i run the repair installer again under the user who had the problem, it start to work correctly. Does not metter if compiled or installed version.

Regards

Tom

Hi Elmo,

installer solve the problem, but in the compiled version, there is no installer. Can you specify what is the difference to run wirewolf with/without installer? What installer did on the user profile?

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom

We are currently investigating what the installer does differently manually creating a user and adding them to the Warewolf Administrator group. We will provide feedback shortly.

Kind regards

Elmans

Hi Tomas

We would like to know what license you have purchased so that we can better support you.

Kind regards

Elmans

Hi,

till now we did not buy any licence. We prefer compiled version, but to pay for support. This tool, or similar, we will use in production environment, so we will need support. Currently, I am little afraid if I see the troubles with basic instalation. I cannot imagine we are first who has such problems.

By the way. I have confirmation in email from your colleagues it is possible to pay for support for compiled version. Is it corret, is it possible? We cannot change the code of course, just compile. Benefit, we will pay for support only in environment where we will need it, but we will have same version everywhere.

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom

Yes, it possible to pay for support for the compiled version. Please contact alpha@warewolf.io for details on obtaining your license.

Kind regards

Elmans