+3
Answered

execute stored proc with out variable

ThehseenShah 7 years ago in Studio / Toolbox updated by Gandalf 7 years ago 4

Hi,

I have successfully executed a stored procedure and returned a data set and pushed that data into a record set but I am not able to successfully execute a proc that returns a scalar. for example my proc takes in two input vars and returns one out var called @AccountExists :

@bck_id smallint,

@acc_account_code varchar(20),
--RETURNING VALUES

@AccountExists bit OUT

Can any one help me or point me to a tutorial or article or something to figure out how to do it

Thanks

source

Answer

Answer
Answered

Hi Thehseen,

Warewolf currently does not support the returning of out variables. If possible change the proc to return a table with one row and one column.

We are trying to work out what the best method is for allowing OUT variable return, the issue being that a proc could return multiple OUT variables as well as a table.

Thanks

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED

Thank You Genie,

Looking forward to seeing how the warewolf team implement the feature.

I will use your work around.

Satisfaction mark by ThehseenShah 7 years ago

Oh I forgot to mention my Db is a Microsoft SQL server Db.

Under review

Hi Thehseen,
I have assigned someone from the community to help answer your question more specifically. But in the meantime here is some material you will find useful:

User guide 2 - https://warewolf.io/knowledge-base/warewolf-user-guide-2/

Search the Knowledge Base by keyword: https://warewolf.io/knowledge-base

All the best

Answer
Answered

Hi Thehseen,

Warewolf currently does not support the returning of out variables. If possible change the proc to return a table with one row and one column.

We are trying to work out what the best method is for allowing OUT variable return, the issue being that a proc could return multiple OUT variables as well as a table.

Thanks

At the end of your procedure:

SELECT @AccountExists AS [AccountExists]

Make sure you add the AS [AccountExists] portion so that the mapping can work correctly.